Locations: Leeds – Bradford area
Our client is a friendly, multi-site practice, centred around a main hospital site, providing a high standard of veterinary care for patients, alongside excellent communication and relations with clients.
We are looking for an experienced small animal vet to work as a general practitioner in our client’s expanding practice. The right candidate will have a customer focused outlook and want to build relationships with clients and their pets. Your workload will be shared between one of the branch sites and the hospital, giving you the opportunity to promote continuity of care locally and follow your own cases in depth.
All of our client’s sites are well equipped and staffed with friendly, capable and supportive people.
Competitive salary, negotiable hours and no out-of-hours.
CPD and personal development is strongly encouraged and supported.
The position will particularly suit someone who wishes to progress their career, further develop their skills and achieve a good work-life balance.
Your duties will be flexible according to the needs of the rota, but you will expect to work at both the main hospital site and a branch site. You will be working with the support of our experienced veterinary team, but may also spend some time working as the sole vet at a branch surgery. You will have the opportunity to establish a close rapport with the clients and develop your cases using the skills and services of the rest of the group.
- You will normally work from 8:30am to 6:00pm for up to 4 weekdays, with the fifth finishing at 5pm, different starts and finishes may apply when at the Hospital site.
- Weekend involvements are 1 Saturday morning (8:30am-12:00pm), and 1 full weekend (8:30am-5:00pm Saturday and 9:00am-4:00pm Sunday) every 5 weeks.
- You will have 1 long weekend every 5 weeks, with either a Monday & Tuesday or a Thursday & Friday off.
- Bank Holidays are worked in rotation.
- No out of hours duties..
- 25 days holiday per annum.
- Three days CPD leave and annual allowance.
- Day off in lieu of any Bank Holiday worked.
- Commensurate with both experience and abilities.
- Subject to regular review.
- Accommodation may be available.
RCVS subscriptions and VDS cover also provided.