Goldsmith / Jeweller
Our client makes fine jewellery such as Engagement Rings, Dress Rings, Eternity Rings, Signet Rings, Bracelets, Bangles, Earrings, Brooches and Cufflinks. Our one-off pieces are commissioned by customers or are made for the shop display selection. The company is renowned for the character, variety, and high quality of their designs.
Everything done is original, no precast off the shelf components.
All pieces are designed in-house, made by hand at the bench, in the workshop from start to finish, using traditional and ancient techniques combined with modern developments.
About the Job
The job involves all aspects of jewellery making from the in-house workshop, which is on the same premises as the retail store / boutique.
The work is varied and interesting and requires a high level of skill.
• Must be motivated and must possess the ability to use his / her initiative when commissioned with a task.
• Must have 2 to 3 years of experience at the bench
• Most importantly be a team player
• Be ready to accept new challenges and ready to work and learn all aspects of traditional goldsmithing including forging, repousse and setting.
• Should have the ability to see and understand designs in 3 dimensions from sketches is essential as is the skill of communication.
• CAD skills are an advantage.
The successful candidate must be prepared to be customer facing when necessary and therefore being neat of appearance is essential to represent the company well.
Starting Date: asap/negotiable
Starting Salary: +/- £25,000 p.a.