Dental Technician – Lab Supervisor (prosthetics + CAD CAM)
A unique opportunity has arisen to be part of a team, helping patients in need of life-changing treatment. This role commands an attractive salary, great conditions, working as part of a dynamic team, and the opportunity to develop, while contributing to a life changing experience for patients. The lab is part of a dental clinic in London.
- An outstanding individual in every way: intellect, enthusiasm, focus, drive, communication skills, and bags of emotional intelligence.
- Previous knowledge of high private level prosthetic delivery is essential (an intimate understanding of implant retained full arch prosthetics setup/design preferrable).
- Demonstrable people management experience in dental lab related tasks and general management.
- At least two years demonstrable experience with CAD software (Exocad preferrable) and an understanding of CAM software, Milling and 3D Printing. Onsite training will be provided, and the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the aptitude required to understand and be part of the treatment delivery system.
- Flexible hours based on the needs of the business, typically five days per week, eight working hours per day, floating between 08:00 and 18:00, with the possibility of the occasional Saturday.
- Highly motivated, striving to delight and get the job done, for both individual and team tasks – a positive team culture is vitally important.
- A friendly, polite, and comprehensive command of written and spoken English, with the ability to maintain composure when difficult conversations must occur.
- A valid GDC Registration.
- A working dental lab supervisor, so hands on, responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the lab department – currently four people – so that the work output and solutions delivery to patients is excellent and timely.
- Supervisory 20 percent of the time and working side by side with the team 80 percent of the time ensuring that the digital, manufacturing and analog departmental delivery of prosthetics is always excellent.
- Directly reporting to the Technical Director on day to day management of the team, results and suggestions for improvement, and development and delivery of a monthly production/productivity report.
- Ensure the lab team are well supported with roadblocks removed so they are happy and effective in their work.
- Be an intricate link between all technical departments and communicate effectively with the local practice manager, to ensure the smooth running of the lab.
- Offer support to the wider team if there is an opportunity to support team goals, and anything positive that points toward our Vision Values & Mission.
Pay Scale: Attractive Salary, depending on level of dental technician, technology and people management experience.