We are looking for a veterinary surgeon, either for a permanent role or long term
locum for a practice in Norfolk.
The practice has accommodation available in a lovely a Norfolk village
The work is in a recently opened shop conversion practice, solely small animal with
2 other vets each day and 2 qualified VN and 2 ANA plus 2.5 receptionists. The working
day is 4 or 4.5 day week. 1 in 8 on call, which equates to a weeknight every other
week, 1 full weekend on call in 8 and an average of 1 Saturday morning in 6 (so an
odd extra above the full weekend Saturdays).
Would you like to join a friendly, capable and motivated team?
Due to expansion, our client looking for vets to join their enthusiastic farm focused
team overseeing the health and welfare of their clients’ stock. These roles would
suit an experienced vet wishing to work at a more senior level and be able to relocate
if necessary. However, if you are a new graduate wishing to develop a career in farm
practice then you are also encouraged to apply.
Are you driven by providing excellent client service?
Do you enjoy the challenge of an expanding client base?
Would you like to work for a business that values its employees?
Excellent salaries, 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, a culture of continued improvement,
further qualifications encouraged and supported, an excellent support network, RCVS
library membership, company car, VDS, generous pension scheme and private medical
Key duties and responsibilities
• Routine veterinary work (mostly dairy)
• Emergency veterinary work, including equally shared on-call
• Herd health planning
• Data monitoring
• Keeping good records of veterinary work
• Charging appropriately for time on farm
• Growing the practice by maintaining a good company reputation and engaging
• TB testing equally shared
• Contributing to the wider Origin group
Knowledge and experience required
• Relevant clinical experience either in EMS or practice preferred
• Experience in farm animal clinical work and knowledge of UK farm vet
• Relevant undergraduate Vet degree
• OCQ (V) TB
• Good communication skills
• Ability to apply knowledge on farm
• Practical vet skills e.g. surgical, pregnant diagnosis/scanning
• High levels of motivation and a positive attitude to their work
• Able to contribute to service development and create a positive team
• Able to build and sustain productive relationships with new and existing
customers (internal or external)
• Contributes to wider organisational performance through proactive involvement
in relevant working groups
• Good decision maker and problem solver; able to weigh up alternative
courses of action and reach timely and effective solutions
• Able to work proactively and on own initiative (working independently),
unafraid to challenge the status quo
• Committed to on-going professional development and knowledge transfer
If you are looking for a job and do not see anything suitable listed above, please
get in touch as we may have additional vacancies that are not listed. We have new
positions coming in on a weekly basis and are always keen to hear from job seekers.